Our Cannock branch is RCVS Accredited as a Tier 2 General Practice – Small Animals To be accredited as an RCVS General Practice, a veterinary practice:
- Must put in place arrangements to provide 24-hour emergency cover for patients. This might be done by the practice itself, or through arrangements with another practice or emergency service provider.
- Must make clients aware of arrangements for checking and monitoring of patients kept in overnight.
- Must have a system for monitoring the outcome of treatments.
- Must show ongoing commitment to education and training of staff.
- Must keep premises clean and well maintained.
- Must have a policy for communicating with clients and looking at feedback.
- Must ensure clients are given estimates of the costs of treatments and consent to procedures undertake.
- Have access to laboratory facilities for diagnostic testing.
- Meet legal and health and safety requirements covering its premises, equipment, clients and employees.